Thursday, April 30, 2015

Art Decor Meets Vintage

A jewelry designer who I have been following for a while now is Lisa Salzer, founder of Lulus Frost. Looking at her pieces, you would realized that some of them resembles the Art Deco period with a blend of vintage elements. Bold colors, geometric shapes- all of which are characteristics of Art Decor jewelry. Every piece of her designs always catches my attention and leave me starring at it for a long time. In case you're still wondering who she is and what her style is, here is a video about her:


I have also picked out a few pieces that I think would be perfect for this summer:
"100 Year Earring". Features aqua vintage earring elements as a centerpiece, atop with black and red 1930s celluloid belt buckle, a 1920s maroon Bakelite buckle. 
"50 Year Necklace". Features a 1930s dress clip with green glass stones surrounded by 1940s belt buckles with clear and aqua glass stones. I think this would look perfect with a low v-neck dress. 
"Vintage Brooch". A 1930s vintage brooch with blue glass stones and brass. I appreciate that the combination of gold and sparkly light baby blue gives off a refreshing vibe. 

Which one is your favorite?

XOXO,
Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...